Sunday, May 6, 2012

Keeping Marriage Safe

As I was going to the store, I saw a very small group of people holding signs that said "Support God and help prevent the attack o n marriage." I congratulated them on their efforts to make divorce illegal and asked what penalties that they are proposing against the Kardashians, Britney Spears, and other repeat offenders. For some reason, they became quite angry. I pointed out that the only assault on marriage is in fact divorce; notably serial divorcees. They attempted to correct me by claiming that gay marriage is an assault on marriage. When I pointed out that gay marriage actually allowed marriage to profligate, to increase the number of committed relationships, the all too common "But it's unnatural" and "It's against normal marriage" arguments came out. Sadly, my leg and the pain it causes me prevented me from returning with my camera to document both the signs and the idiot arguments. Please rest assured that I will no longer be leaving the house without the camera, these people are just too good as fodder to be allowed to act and speak about topics without being challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment